Now that winter has well and truly arrived I wanted to share with you, my current skincare picks. These are the products which are keeping my windswept, dehydrated skin happy. For me, winter skincare is all about creamy, rich textures and lots and lots of hydration.
Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish
– The cleanser is one I always find myself going back to. It has a rich creamy texture but doesn’t feel too heavy on the skin. This removes all traces of makeup and leaves your skin feeling skin without that tight feeling. I use this with a face cloth, morning and night.
Liz Earle Skin Tonic
– After cleansing I give my face a quick spritz with Liz Earle Skin Tonic to refresh the skin. I practically love this in the morning to help wake up my skin. This also comes in a lotion, but I prefer the spray as it’s much faster and easier.
Clarins HydraQuench Cream
– This is my go-to winter moisturiser. It’s a lovely thick cream which is perfect for my dry, dehydrated winter skin. This is a little too heavy for me during the summer but my skin craves moisture in the winter.
Origins Eye Doctor – Like the rest of my skin, my eye area craves moisture during the colder months. I’m currently using Origins Eye Doctor as my eye cream and it’s doing a good job of keeping the area hydrated.
Kiehl’s Midnight Concentrate – I use a few night treatments during the week and on the night when I don’t use any treatment I use this. I love a skin oil at night as they are so moisturising and my skin drinks them up. I nearly always see a difference in my skin after using this at night.
I have a stash of skincare extras which I use a couple of times a week to add to my everyday skincare routine.
Clarins Gentle Exfoliator
– I use this every few days to gently exfoliate my skin. This leaves the skin looking bright and clear – it’s very good a stopping the under the skin spots from appearing. This works best when it isn’t used every day.
Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask
– I use this about twice a week, to give my skin a much need moisture boost. I sometimes use this during the day on a weekend if my skin is feeling particularly dry that day. It’s also great to use on a plane to stop your skin drying out.
Soap and Glory Scrubatomic
– After using acid toners to exfoliate my skin for years, I craved a traditional scrub. I picked this up in Boots a few months ago and have been using it about once a week ever since.
Alpha H Liquid Gold
– This is another product I always repurchase. I use this about once a week to exfoliate my skin. You can always notice a difference in skin texture and brightness the following day.
Origins Clear Improvement Mask
– I use this clay mask about once a week to give my skin a deep cleansing treatment. This mask leaves skin feeling super clean, without that tight feeling.